We want lost pets to find their way home
We are honored and excited to reunite owners with their pets! The Grand Forks Police Department and Circle of Friends has partnered in increased ways and the result has been a steady increase of animals who have been reunited with their owners!
- If you have lost or found a pet, please fill out a lost pet form at the bottom of this page. We will keep the information about the pet, and if the pet should come to our shelter, or if someone should find the pet, we will contact you.
- Please be as specific as possible about the description of your pet. Sometimes it’s hard for us to know exactly what your pet looks like. For instance, everyone describes the colors or patterns of a tiger cat differently. Please make sure to upload a photo when you complete the lost pet form.
- If the animal was lost in Grand Forks; please go on Facebook to Grand Forks Lost Pet page and include the information on that page. Please call the Grand Forks Police Department at (701)-787-8000 and/or the East Grand Forks Police Department at (218)-775-1104 for any missing/at large pets. Peterson Vet Clinic is also the pound for East Grand Forks. If you are a resident in Minnesota near East Grand Forks, please make sure to call and check in with them as well at (218)-773-2401.
- It’s very important to keep a collar and identification tags on your pet at all times. The world is a dangerous place for unsupervised pets, and the City of Grand Forks requires pets to be confined at all times.
- Please remember to check with Circle of Friends Humane Society if you have lost your pet.
- Animals received at the shelter without identification of any kind are held for five days before being placed for adoption. This allows owners time to claim their pets. At the end of the five-day period, the animals are placed for adoption.
Lost pet form
Please fill out the form below and be as specific as possible.