Circle of Friends Animal Shelter Working Cat Placement Program is designed to find homes for cats that have traditionally been deemed un-adoptable.
If you have a safe, warm barn or outdoor structure and would like to adopt working cats, please fill out the Working Cat Placement Program pre-adoption questionnaire and read our Working Cat Take Home Instructions.
Cats included in this program:
- Cats whose litter box habits are not consistent enough to be inside only cats
- Cats who are shy/fearful of people
- Cats who have a previous history of living outdoors
Adopter will provide:
- A warm, secure, dry barn or outdoor structure.
- A constant supply of dry food and canned food along with fresh water and a litter box.
- Monitoring and providing for the safety and well-being of the cats as well as daily socializing.
- The ability to trap and vaccinate the cats as needed and provide licensed veterinary care in the event of a severe injury or illness.
- A confined place for the cats to bond for the 2-3 weeks to create a community and establish a food source.
We will provide:
- All cats will appear to be in good health and have had a brief, general exam by a vet
- All cats will be spayed or neutered
- All cats will be vaccinated against Rabies, chlamydia psittaci, rhinotracheitis, calici, panleukopekia and be treated for parasites.
- Minimum of two cats per placement (It creates a healthy community environment for the cats)