We are partnered with MYRA Foundation to help offer some assistance with Veterinarian costs when an unexpected cost arises and an owner is struggling to afford to pay for Veterinarian expenses.
Our Companion Animal Program is available to pet owners in financial need experiencing medical expenses with their pets.
Spay/neuter certificates are available to members of the general public experiencing financial need.
The MYRA foundation and private investors believe in and are committed to keeping companions together. We know unexpected situations can arise creating circumstances of financial need for companion care.
Steps to the Application Process
- The applicant must read the voucher agreement thoroughly, then fully complete the application.
- On the first and third Tuesday of each month, the applications will be reviewed.
*If the application for assistance is approved:
- The applicant will receive an approval email stating the cost that the voucher has been approved for, along with verifying the pet’s name and veterinary clinic being used.
- The applicant can then pick up the approved voucher from Circle of Friends, or can choose to have it emailed to themselves.
- The voucher must be used within 30 days of the approval date.
- At the time of payment for the veterinary appointment, present the voucher to the clinic. The clinic will then deduct the amount approved on the voucher from the total cost.
- The veterinary clinic will email or mail the detailed invoice to the Circle of Friends Humane Society.
- After reviewing the invoice, Circle of Friends will pay the veterinary clinic directly for the approved voucher amount.
- In order to continue receiving funding for the voucher program, applicants are encouraged to send Circle of Friends before/after pictures and/or stories or how the voucher program has helped their pet.
*If the application for assistance is denied:
- The applicant will receive an email from Circle of Friends stating the reason for denial. The applicant may reapply once circumstances causing the denial have changed.