Grand Forks, ND
All cats and dogs six months or older that reside within the City of Grand Forks are required to be licensed. This includes pets that are kept indoors at all times and service animals.
License terms are January 1 to December 31 of each year.
Licenses are issued by the Finance and Administrative Services Department, which is located on the 1st Floor of City Hall, 255 N 4th Street.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination.
- If the pet has been spayed or neutered, proof of the procedure from a veterinarian.
Benefits from licensing your pet:
- Compliance with City Ordinance
- You will not be subject to a $31 fine for Failure to License your pet
- If your animal has a current City license and the pet gets lost, police officers have access to your information to try and return the pet to you instead of bringing it directly to the animal impound. If a dog is found running loose and unlicensed, they will be impounded and you must purchase a license and pay the impound fees.
View more information on the Grand Forks government website.
East Grand Forks, MN
For East Grand Forks residents, please visit the City of East Grand Forks website for information about licensing your pet.