Whether it be a move, a medical reason, a changed circumstance, or a life event, sometimes the kindest and most compassionate way to love our pets is by finding them a new home that better suits their individual needs.
Circle of Friends Animal Shelter accepts surrenders on a space available basis. Below you will find a link to sign up for a surrender interview appointment. A surrender interview does not guarantee acceptance of your pet. Your pet must pass a behavioral and medical evaluation to assess their suitability for adoption. During this surrender interview a member of our Intake team will discuss your need to surrender and the background of your pet.
Please bring the following to the surrender interview:
- Owner identification
- Completed Surrender Form
- Bring veterinary records. Your pet will be placed more successfully if we have full disclosure of all medical records. Also, this saves the expense and potential over- vaccination of your animal.
- Please bring your pet to the shelter yourself. The owner’s knowledge will be very helpful in placing your animal in a home that matches your pet’s needs.
- You are welcome to donate your pet’s supplies and toys but be advised they may not remain specifically with your pet.
- Bring a form of payment. A fee is required to surrender your animal to help defray the considerable cost we incur in caring for him/her, and additional donations of money or supplies are always welcome. We do NOT accept checks as a form of payment.
SMALL ANIMAL FORM
COFAS reserves the right to cancel an appointment AT ANY TIME if we no longer have space to accept.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the Intake Team at 701-775-3732 or at [email protected].
FEES FOR SURRENDER
Residents of Grand Forks and Grand Forks County:
- $75 per dog
- $50 per cat
- $25 per reptile
- $20 per small animal
Residents outside of Grand Forks or Grand Forks County:
- $100 per dog
- $75 per cat
- $50 per reptile
- $25 per small animal
Surrender Fees for litters of puppy/kittens with or without the mother:
- $40 per first animal (mother or puppy/kitten)
- $30 per second animal
- $20 per every animal after the first two animals